More than just Calming
Sorry for the lack of posts recently, as I’ve been down with intestinal infection, very sadly. While recuperating, I discovered a few properties of the Neroli hydrosol that I had, which makes it so wonderful!
Most people know this hydrosol only as one with pleasant scent and with a calming nature. But guess what? There are more to it than you know!
Regulates and Hydrates
It is great for oily skin as it regulates oiliness. Neroli hydrosol can be mixed with other hydrosols for different effects: with Rose hydrosol for dry and mature skin; with Witch Hazel to clear acne and blemished skin, especially if the skin lacks moisture. In fact, Neroli hydrosol can reduce the appearance of fragile or broken capillaries and varicose veins as well with regular usage.
Enlarged pores are often results of overactive oil glands. While regulating the sebum production, the hydrosol effectively minimises pores, making skin look smoother. This property of the Neroli hydrosol is heightened when Witch Hazel hydrosol – another strong astringent – is added.
Because of the intestinal infection that I was down with, symptoms such as flatulence and nausea were easily eased with this wonder hydrosol. I massaged the hydrosol on the tummy to relieve flatulence; as well as from the neck all the way down to the chest, in order to ease the nausea I was suffering from.
Eases Muscle Aches
Another use that I had for Neroli hydrosol was for the aches I get in the thighs, especially after shopping trips.
Intrigued by the many usages of this hydrosol, I did a quick search and found all these amazing properties of it! More of the uses can found here.
- Antidepressant – alleviates depression
- Antiseptic – destroys microbes and prevents their development
- Antispasmodic – prevents or relieves spasms, convulsions
- Antitoxic – helps counteract effects of bacterial toxins
- Aphrodisiac – an agent which is used to increase sexual desire
- Carminative – relieves flatulence, eases abdominal bloating
- Cicatrisant – helps wounds to heal
- Deodorant – to inhibit the growth of bacteria which cause odors
- Febrifuge – combats fever
- Sedative – reduces nervous tension, stress and anxiety
- Stomachic – good for the stomach, gastric tonic, digestive aid
- Tonic – invigorates, refreshes and restores body functions
Scent needs getting used to
I must admit that while all sites claim that the scent of the Neroli hydrosol is uplifting, it does not seem so to me. In fact, it has the musky smell that takes me some getting used to.
I will definitely repurchase this! You may get this from Yours Essentially or from Whoopeekiddies.