Clove is used to treat skin conditions because of its antibacterial properties. Both clove and its powder contain salicylic acid, which gently exfoliates skin to unclog pores.
- 2 teaspoon of clove powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix the 2 ingredients together to achieve a paste-like consistency. The end result should not be too fluid as it may drip.
- Apply the paste on blemishes immediately.
- For better results, store the paste in the fridge overnight and apply the next day.
- Paste can be used on the blemishes twice daily. Leave paste on the blemish for at least 30 minutes each time, or until paste dries.
- Paste does not sting due to the honey present. After washing off the paste, skin will feel a slight tingling, refreshing sensation.
- Add 2-3 drops of mint juice (and add more clove powder as required to make a thick paste) to minimise redness.
Personally, I observe better results after the paste has been stored in the fridge overnight. The new acne disappears in a couple of days, while the old ones flatten, but retain their redness. I have yet to try the mint juice version, because I have not found it.
Credits to Leon for the recipe.